I’ve been meaning to fiddle with beer breads again, and I found the perfect opportunity today. Last night I bought a 4-pack of Wells Banana Bread Beer. I had been thinking of a cherry wheat with craisins and apples, but this beer simply spoke to me! Previously, I have made beer breads with cheese and Mrs. Dash, and also with cheddar, apples, and cinnamon. The Manheim Farm Show starts this week and I want to enter the quick breads category with something unique. Well, here goes!
I had to test two recipes because I was unsure about the flavor of a sweet beer bread. One was the clear winner. I’ll gobble these loaves for breakfast and make another batch of the winner to submit to the show.
Banana Beer Bread
- 3 C self-rising flour
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 C mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 bottle Wells Banana Bread Beer
- melted butter and raw sugar for topping
Combine flour, sugar, chocolate chips, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Add banana and beer, stir until just mixed. Pour into parchment-lined loaf pan. Bake @375º for 50 minutes. Brush top with melted butter and sprinkle with raw sugar. Bake for another 5 minutes. Cool on wire rack and devour.
This bread is moist and chewy, with a crunchy, sweet, buttery crust. It’s unlike any other banana bread you have ever tried. Yum!
Awesome stuff I did today besides skip out on a football game and bake bread:
- Went to my favorite diner for brunch: I had a bacon, cheddar, and veggie omelet and did the puzzles in the newspaper
- Prepped some other stuff for my entries into the farm show, including pie crust and rhubarb curd
- Pinned a bunch of cool stuff on Pinterest: