Despite the atrocious weather forecast, Chuck went to two football games yesterday. Instead standing in the rain watching football, I did some awesome stuff.
- Took delicious brownies to a work party. Did not bring any home.
- Hosted the children’s activities at the Lancaster Public Library’s First Fridays For Families event. Our artists, Jessi and Art, were amazing. Also, we painted rocks.
- Went to Frozen Yo Cafe for dinner. Because I am a grownup and I put fruit on my yogurt so it can be a meal.
- Spent the afternoon with Mom wandering around rural North Hampton County looking through antique shops. The best loot was found at Sleepy Hollow Antiques! I found a flashlight screwdriver combo for Chuck’s antique flashlight collection and Mom found some cool presents and projects as well- something to save fro Christmas, something for her best friend, a utensil holder for her picnic table outside, and some old books to turn into a cover for her router.
- Played Spoons with Mom and my littlest little sister (LLS) and my littlest little brother (LLB). They kicked my butt.
- Discussed the world premiere of series 7 of Doctor Who with my LLB. He’s 10, and totally obsessed. Suddenly he seems a bit cooler.
- Went to Spice India with Mom and LLS. Was very impressed with LLS as she is 15 and she still managed to find food to eat on their menu!
- Went to Hobby Lobby. Didn’t need anything, didn’t buy anything (shocking, I know), but still had fun browsing the entire store with my mom and sister, who are also avid crafters.
- Came home with presents! Mom gave me a bottle of Moscato (a regift; the ‘rents don’t drink but could never say no to a bottle of wine!), a scrapbooking organization bag she got on Freecycle, and a sample of K-Cups for my Keurig. Dad gave me a bulb of garlic he bought at the Garlic Festival last week. (NOTE: I will post more about my father’s agricultural interests and how I am a total snob about produce). The variety is called Spanish Roja and it is spicy! I can’t wait to use it in cooking and to plant a few cloves for harvest next year!
- Came home very late in part due to a sobriety checkpoint. They talked to the lady in front of me for a loooong time. Don’t drink and drive!
- Read a bout 200 pages in A Dance With Dragons by George R. R. Martin. I call this “pulling a Carol” after my beloved Notorious MIL, who is known to make reading a priority over almost everything on her days off.
- Chuck took me out to eat for breakfast.
- Set up the “new” cat tower that I bought at Sal’s Boutique. Cats are in love.
- Went shopping with Chuck. We bought clothes and OMG so many shoes for me because they were all on major sale. I have three new pairs of flippies and a new pair or strappy black heels. And a new filter for my vacuum. You know, essentials.
- Dinner at Infinito’s, which is the BEST pizza buffet in the world.
- Read Post Secret.
- Pinned a lot of geeky stuff.
What did you do instead of going to a football game this weekend?